As an agency for website and online shop creation and web app development, SECL experts have specialized in the Python programming language and diverse libraries, including Django. Whether you want to build a completely new website or equip an existing website with a more modern design and performance, we offer you individual solutions that are exactly adapted to your needs.
In the following blog article, we would like to introduce you to the Python programming language and the Django Framework and Content Management System. It may also be interesting for you to look at Django websites examples.
Python under the microscope
According to TIOBE, a Dutch software company that deals with the popularity of programming languages, among other things, Python is an incredibly popular programming language when it comes to the increase in search queries.
At the beginning of the 1990s, Guido von Rossum’s language was developed in the Netherlands at the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica. The open-source software can be used royalty-free and has already secured a large community online. Python is a simple programming language that convinces with clear structures, which makes it not only easy to use but also easy to read. But that doesn’t mean that only simple applications can be developed with it! SECL agency offers you any web development based on Python because the particularly good scalability allows even complex and large projects to be created with it.
Particularly noteworthy is the minimalist structure of the language, with few keywords and elements of structuring, through which you only need a few lines to program and thus leaving less room for errors.
Unlike other languages, Python does not work with parentheses and keywords but with formatting and indentations. SECL professionals can always choose the right solution or style within programming for the different tasks.
One programming language – thousands of applications
A huge advantage of Python is that it is suitable for all common operating systems. At universities and in science, it is used for machine learning and developing complex programs.
Python is part of the basic equipment for Linux distributions and is also used, for example, as a programming language for the Mini-PC Raspberry Pi, with which multiple applications and programs can be created alone. Web servers use the so-called WSGI – a universal interface – to work with Python.
Well-known projects such as YouTube also use the power and simplicity of the programming language in their favor. Python is also used with different web app frameworks, including SQL Alchemy, Flask, Zope, and Django.
Even popular game classics, such as Civilization IV, are based on Python. As you can see, the application of Python knows almost no bounds and enjoys the trust of many large companies. As a Python agency, we are happy to support you in the realization of your project based on Python and Django.
Django: this is how many applications the framework offers
As mentioned, Python can be ideally used with the web application framework Django, which is based on the programming language.
- Like Python, Django is an open-source project and, therefore, freely available and is often referred to as the Python variant of RoR, which mainly results from the fact that Django is also based on a DRY scheme, which is intended to minimize redundancy as much as possible.
- Following the model view presenter principle, the framework separates the view from the model and only connects via the presenter.
- Direct storage of applications is possible with Django in several database systems (SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL). In addition, URLs can be flexibly configured, and creating sitemaps for search engine optimization is not a hurdle.
- The existing features of the framework can be extended arbitrarily without having to change the original source code, which again represents the great flexibility and multitude of applications of the framework.
- Django is considered a framework for perfectionist developers with strict deadlines, as it allows a very fast implementation without compromise. As a Django agency, SECL guys also benefit from this circumstance and thus offer you the advantage of implementing your projects quickly and perfectly. This particularly benefits websites and programs, whose content often changes and which depends on rapid implementation. In addition to news pages, this also includes applications such as Instagram, which is based on a combination of Python and Django.
- Django is designed for long-term use and also shows its strengths in the event of structural changes to a project. This makes it easy to migrate data sets, even if the basic structure changes.
- Mozilla and Pinterest also rely on the framework and its positive features. It shows its full potential in very large applications. Fast, safe, and stable pages are the result. But even smaller projects and startups like to use Django as a framework to create a good basis that can be expanded at will.
Django CMS: content management has never been so flexible
Django CMS is the most popular content management system based on Python. It allows a clear and easy introduction, with a tutorial of fewer than eight pages, and is also very easy to use.
The Django CMS is freely available and can be used with an open-source license.
As you can see, Django can help you cope with multiple tasks. Having found a reliable and experienced developer, you can expect high-quality help with anything: be it Python or Java development or some help with a project discovery phase. Good luck!